Thursday, January 2, 2014

2013 - Year End Review

2013 was a fun card year! Fun product to rip and a good Rookie class.

Here are my top 5 favorite products in 2013!

#1 - Allen and Ginter 

A&G was great this year. Loved the inserts Civilizations, Curious Cases, the mini sets of  All in a Days Work, and Mini Cards. One of my favorite parts of Ginter is the mystery and old time-y fun of the product. Some people got bent out of shape not knowing there was cards loaded into the tops of some of the boxes. I thought it added to the mystery of the product. I feel bad for those that threw away the boxes. I'm not dropping thousands of dollars on boxes at a time, so when I do get the opportunity to buy a box, I hold on top all components of it and cherish it. I was able to check mine after I found out about the 1/1 cards, but no card was to be found. All in all, I hit a Wallenda auto in my box so I was pretty happy with the Ink.


#2 - 2013 Pinnacle 

 After 15 years, Pinnacle hits the scene again in 2013. These cards look great! I'm always a big fan of a card that has the focus on the player and looks like a work of art. These had a great dark backgrounds and a clean look. Lots of fun hits and inserts with the Clear Vision cards, Museum Collection, Artist Proof, and a good auto signer list. Also had a Puig RC card in the bunch! Fun Stuff!







#3 - Topps Archives 

Archives had some great years' designs they revisited, 72, 82, 85, & 1990. I enjoyed seeing the players in these reissues, especially 1990 in all of its junk wax greatness! I loved the mini tall boys as well, great insert in the set. The autos were solid and I even went out and bought some individual player autos I didn't hit. Also was a big fan of the Box Toppers, if you were lucky enough to hit one! I hit a Mike Trout /99, so I was stoked!





#4 - Topps 75th 

Had a bunch of fun with this reminiscent product! I had a few of the sets of the older cards that were included in this 100 card set. This was a fun value with 3 autos per box and 1 buy back card. The Foil cards were also very nice. I am a fan of the oddball stuff, so this was right up my alley.



#5 - Topps Chrome

Chrome was a fun product this year that also included some great Rookies: Ryu, Puig, Myers, & Machado. I was a big fan of the look of this year's Topps Flagship, and they look even better all blinged out in chrome. The Atomic, Superfractors, Xfractors, and Parallels are all great looking cards.
I hit a few decent autos in this set, but I was most pleased with the look and feel of the nice base cards. I'm not much an auto hunter, I am more a fan of great looking base and chasing players that I enjoy collecting.





No comments:

Post a Comment