Sunday, August 4, 2013

Topps Redemtion & Customer Service Post coming soon...

I have read way too tweets, post, forums, etc. hating on Topps & their customer service. Personally, I am a huge fan of Topps. Topps reminds me so much of my childhood. Classic designs, great products, and since I collect baseball, that's about the only way to get the fix. (that's another topic for another time)

I know you can't make everyone happy, but a business has to have delighting all customers as their goal. My experience with Topps has been positive. I've felt I recieved a great value out of the boxes I've broken, I mostly always dig their products, and feel they always have something new to offer, which keeps me coming back. The only real frustration I've felt is from sending in the Bowman wrapper redemption this year a few days late and missing out. 

I plan to do a two part blog post

Part 1: My experience with Topps Customer Service. I have not yet had a reason to reach out to customer service, but I have a few outstanding redemptions. This week I plan to call and document the experience. I currently have two outstanding redemptions, The Draft Picks & Prospects Shaffer Auto was submitted in December 2012, the Bowman Platinum Tyrell Jenkins was submitted in November 2012.

Part 2: A Business plan that I would suggest if I was in charge of Topps Customer Service.
In the real world, I run a successful retail store and have had over a decade of customer service experience from a management position. I believe improving customer experience is something I'm pretty good at, so I want to take my crack on what I would do if I were Topps.


All of this comes from a respect and care for Topps. I want nothing more than for the hobby I love to continue to grow and for the collectors to be happy with one of the largest companies in the industry.


No comments:

Post a Comment