Friday, August 2, 2013

2013 Bowman Platinum - Retail Review

Just bought a box of Bowman Platinum of the retail persuasion. Platinum is easily one of my favorite products of the year. The things that draw me to Platinum is the quality of the cards, players in checklist, and the value. I really dig the focus on the player only with a high quality card that has a high-end look but isn't a $300 box. The other great thing about BP is the shared focus between stars and prospects. The base set includes 100 cards of big leaguers and then another base set of 100 cards of prospects. Other great finds in this product are the beautiful Chrome Prospect cards, Cutting edge stars, Bowman Black, lots of great refractors, autos, & relics. There is a lot to chase in this product, scope it out in the Cardboard Connection Checklist.


The Break

I bought a single Blaster from Target to see what we could find in Retail.

Here are some of the hits I pulled in the blaster:

The base set includes Blue, Sapphire, & Ruby parallels.
(Gold Beltre & Gio, Blue McCutchen)
 The Chrome Prospect cards are awesome, haven't gotten many refractors yet, but these really look great. The player is slightly raised on the card, might have to get this whole set.
Top Prospects checklist has 50 cards, with Parallel die cuts # to 25.

Cutting Edge Stars set has 50 cards, also features Autos and Relics.


Got an Auto in my Retail Blaster, Beau Taylor. Great Looking card, on card auto, very clean and nice design.

The Blaster 8 packs with 32 total cards:

1 Auto: Beau Taylor
1 Cutting Edge Star: Dylan Bundy
1 Top Prospect
2 Chrome Prospects
1 Chrome Prospects Refractor
1 Blue Parallel of Base Set
2 Gold Parallels of Base Set
13 Prospect Base
10 Base


 I will probably pick up another blaster from retail, but I definitely plan to buy a few hobby boxes from Nick's Sports Cards here in Dallas. When I get the hobby boxes, I will definitely post a video and then do a Hobby Review.


No comments:

Post a Comment